1. Unwind - These places are open spaces in the county where the public are free to wander without charge, over all or part of their area. They include picnic sites, country parks, woodland, downland and nature reserves. There may be some sites through which walking, riding or cycling routes pass and in these cases, the site may appear in "unwind" as well as, for example "walk".
2. History - Routes & sites that are included in this category have some historical information either included in the downloadable guide or available on site.
3. Nature - there are many nature reserves, Sites of Special Scientific Interest and other sites in Let's Go! that are great places to visit as well as having natural history interest. The downloadable guides featured in "Nature" all have information included, or there is information available on site.
4. Distance - This filter is based on distance in miles. Click only one box per search and Let's Go! will find routes and sites that fall into that category. The information below, although using generalisations, may be useful in planning visits.
5. Stile free - Various agencies in Bedfordshire are working towards the production of an accessibility grading system, which when finalised, will be helpful for anyone planning a visit to the county's countryside. In the mean time, the survey work has produced a set of information for each route/site which is available as a download. This information is included with the route information by clicking on the "Route and Access" button in each route or site page. This includes information about maximum slopes and crossfalls, minimum widths and types of barriers. By selecting the "stile free" category, you will select only those routes that have no stiles, or those unwind sites where stiles do not prevent access to the best bits. All the routes and sites included on the Let's Go! web site have been surveyed by volunteers.
6. Accessible by public transport - this filter selects routes/sites that are particularly easy to access by bus or train. There is a regular timetable in the case of buses and/or some part of it is within 1/2 a mile of a railway station.
7. Can't view the PDF's? - you will need to download the free Adobe Acrobat reader, click here to get it now.
Email us if you're having any of the following problems: